Brown Rice Salad
A very healthy rice salad dish using brown rice. If you like, you could substitute quinoa or bulghur wheat for a tabouli like variation on this salad recipe.
Cooking Time: 45-50 mins
Brown Rice Salad Ingredients:
2 cups (use rice cooker measuring cup) brown rice, rinsed
3 small cobs of corn with the husks removed
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 can of flaked tuna, drained
1/3 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
½ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place rinsed rice in the inner rice cooker pot. Add 3 rice cooker measuring cups of water or add in pan to marker level 3. Place the steamer tray on top of the inner rice cooker pot. Place corncobs in the steamer tray. Close lid and set to COOK.
- Remove steamer tray and corncobs after 25 minutes. Replace lid.
- When rice cooker switches to “KEEP WARM” mode leave rice in cooker for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove rice and transfer to a sieve. Wash rice until rice grains separate. Drain and place in a bowl. Using a sharp knife cut kernels from corn cobs. Add corn and remaining ingredients to rice and mix
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Enjoy!
Next Recipe: Cajun Dirty Rice
|Searching for other rice cooker recipes? the Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook at Amazon is the best we know of. And, if you’re in the market for a new rice cooker, check out their latest sales on rice cookers 50% off or more|
Back to Recipes for Rice Cookers