A great banana bread recipe you can make in a rice cooker
Try this wonderful rice cooker banana bread recipe you can make in your rice cooker. Simple and easy to make.
No-Fuss Rice Cooker Banana Bread Recipe
By Amy Frasca
Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients
* 1 1/2 cups enriched white flour
* 3/4 cups white sugar
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. baking soda*
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium to large bananas)
* 1/3 cups softened butter
* 1/4 cups milk
* 1 egg
* Cooking oil
For extra sweet banana bread, substitute a portion of white sugar for an equal amount of packed brown sugar. Or, add 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract along with the wet ingredients.
Banana Bread Recipe Directions
* In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until ingredients are well mixed.
* Next, add the bananas, butter, milk, and egg. These should be mixed until the batter has a uniform and thick, creamy consistency. If you own an electric mixer, let it do the work (low setting recommended). If not, the bananas and butter may give you some difficulty when hand-mixing it. To make things easier, make sure you let the butter soften long enough beforehand. Also, if you put the bananas into a plastic freezer bag, you can make sure they’re well-mashed without making a huge mess.
* At this point, you can stir in any other ingredient you may want, like chopped nuts or a bit of dried fruit. Feel free to try out your own variations on the recipe!
* Before pouring the batter into the rice cooker’s pot, remember the most important step! Coat the inside of the pot lightly with cooking oil. Paper towels help to spread it properly. Otherwise, the banana bread will stick to the inside as it cooks.
* Now simply pour the batter evenly into the pot and start the cooker. I use the same settings as when I make rice. On my rice cooker, the banana bread isn’t done after just one cycle, so I let it run twice, though this could vary based on your rice cooker. With mine, I have to allow the cooker to cool down for a few minutes in between cycles, as it won’t start again right away.
* That’s it! After it’s done, pop the banana bread out onto a serving tray or plate and enjoy!
Next Recipe: Rice Cooker Mac and Cheese
Back to Recipes for Rice Cookers
Go To Rice Cooker Reviews
|If you’re searching for other great rice cooker recipes, the Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook at Amazon is the best we know of. And, if you’re in the market for a new rice cooker, check out their latest sales on rice cookers 50% off or more|
- Rice Cooker bread
- banana bread in rice cooker
- banana bread in the rice cooker
- recipe for banana bread with a rice cooker