Making Rice Pilaf in the Rice Cooker
Rice Pilaf or Pilau Rice, sometimes also called rice pulao is a dish in which rice, traditionally basmati or jasmine rice, is cooked in a seasoned broth containing meat, though vegetarian versions are also popular. Depending on the local cuisine and recipe, the types of meats and vegetables used in rice pilaf may vary. For more information on Rice Pilaf, including a brief history of the dish, take a look at Rice Pilaf or Rice Pilau . Making Rice Pilaf in the rice cooker is quick and easy – much simpler than trying to make on the stove top.
Rice Pilaf Ingredients
* 1 1/2 cups white rice (jasmine or basmati rice is recommended)
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1/4 cup slivered almonds
* 1 cup sliced mushrooms
* 1/2 small onion, diced
* 2 teaspoons butter
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
Rice Pilaf Recipe Directions:
Prep Time: 10 mins *** Total Time: 25 mins
1. In a small frying pan over medium heat, sautee the onion and garlic until onion is translucent. The garlic will cause the onion to scorch a bit, don’t worry, it gives it flavor.
2. Add the rice, sauted onions and garlic, mushrooms, almonds, and chicken broth to a 4 cup or larger capacity rice cooker.
3. Stir briefly to combine ingredients.
4. Set rice cooker to cook. Once done, let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Stir and enjoy!
Next Rice Cooker Recipe: Greek Lemon Rice with Feta Cheese
Go to Rice Cooker Reviews * * * Back to Rice Cookers Recipes
If you’re searching for other great rice cooker recipes, the Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook at Amazon is the best we know of.
- how to make rice pilaf in a rice cooker
- rice pilaf in a rice cooker
- brown rice pilaf in rice cooker
- pressure cooker rice pilaf