Zojirushi NS-YAC10 Umami Rice Cooker
The best Zojirushi rice cooker for a family, or anyone who needs a mid-size or large size rice cooker, has got to be the Zojirushi Umami Rice Cooker. Otherwise known as the Zojirushi NS-YAC10, Zojirushi launched this beauty in January 2011 and it has received rave customer reviews of 5 out of 5 stars on the highly popular Amazon website. The Zojirushi Umami NS-YAC10 with its Micro computerized Fuzzy logic technology is definitely a stand out in the world of rice cookers
Zojirushi is a well known Japanese brand that has become synonymous with quality. Zojirushi Corporation was launched approximately 90 years ago and through continuous innovation, has managed to stay one step ahead of the customers’ evolving tastes and preferences. The latest in a long list of great products is the Zojirushi NS-YAC10 rice cooker.
A quick run-through of the features will reveal the top-notch technology buyers are investing in when they buy the Zojirushi Umami rice cooker.
• The Zojirushi Umami cooker is available with free super saver shipping when you buy online from Amazon. The Zojirushi Umami micom rice cooker comes in two sizes, the 5.5 cup and 10 cup models for different family sizes.
• The Umami rice cooker uses micro computerized fuzzy logic technology
• The special Umami setting allows users to soak and steam rice for longer periods of time to enhance flavor.
• The Zojirushi NS-YAC10 rice cooker features a delay timer with two settings; automatic keep warm function with reheating cycle and extended keep warm setting; slow cook function – great for cooking soups and other dishes.
• The LCD panel is easy to read and the menu settings offer a range of cooking options for white rice, brown rice, sweet rice, GABA brown rice, rinse-free rice, mixed rice, sushi rice, Umami, quick cooking and slow cooking.
The Zojirushi Umami Setting
The Umami setting is really the outstanding feature on this Zojirushi cooker, it allows the rice to cook at a slower than normal pace to provide a greater tasting dish. Approximate cooking time on the Umami setting is generally one hour for two cups of rice. With the innovation of the Umami setting, Zojirushi has added a whole new dimension to the cooking of rice in terms of flavor and texture. Reviewers have actually been referring to it as a fifth taste, after salty, bitter, sweet and sour. The fifth taste is in all probability due to the new Umami menu option that allows the user to soak the rice first and then steam it for a longer time period to really get at the depth of flavor.
In terms of pricing, the Zojirushi NS-YAC 10 can be grouped in the mid to high category. But that’s to be expected with an advanced micom rice cooker complete with fuzzy logic technology. This rice cooker model has really taken the market by storm, quickly becoming a bestseller in its own right. The micom component in the NS-YAC10 gives us a micro-computer that is state-of the-art, cutting edge technology at its best.
If you have never used a Zojirushi rice cooker to cook your rice, you really have been missing out. Do yourself a favor and get one of the best Zojirushi rice cookers today for some of the finest tasting, hot, fluffy rice you have ever enjoyed! Take a look at the Zojirushi Umami.
Back to: Rice Cooker Reviews – Top